Carpe diem,
In, 3, 2, 1,
Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday
12 March 2015
11.30pm

MY STUDY HAS LAUNCHED!!!!!!!

I had myself seated in an extremely conducive environment to get work done, FAL, ears plugged into soothing study music. Throughout these mostly productive and zen 2 hours, I was intermittently refreshing my email, hoping to receive approval of my study for lab bookings.

Said god-sent email came in at 2.28pm and my heart skipped a beat when my mailbox beeped. This second on my world was thrown into chaos. I was excited, nervous and lost all at the same time! Excited I can finally launch, nervous to be handling so many portals all at the same time (participant recruitment system, lab booking system and email correspondences with prof/admin/participants) and VERY LOST, toggling between all these portals and a newly created experiment schedule to keep track of all the sign-ups.

To say I had butterflies in my stomach is an understatement. My insides effervesced violently and I could not sit still! The chaos within me only settled at 7pm when I had secured labs for all days, had a healthy stream of sign-ups and sealed in the backbone of the experiment schedule.

At 8pm I ran a soft launch of the study with Joel and Zong Ting to find the flow generally smooth with some issues I'll need to discuss with prof. Suzy. Let's hope she replies at least, if not I might have to turn up uninvited. If only everyone works like Lela (Executive Officer at the Psy division). She's the best thing that has ever happened to my FYP journey.

It has been a very tiring and exciting day altogether. Tomorrow will be better.
Press on.

squeaked.
11:30 PM
0 comments

Sharman LAI
26 October 1992

Juying Primary School
River Valley High School
NTU Psychology

I run, I sing, I write.

-


Love, and you will be loved.
Sharman
Squeak along

Exits
Jhosy; Kevin; Li Ting; Lynette; MinEe; RVNPS307; SinYee; WenYi; YunRou;
Archives

blogger counter
visits since 08.01.10