Managing the life of a final year student
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Wednesday
10 September 2014
10.47pm
I've been feeling really tired of late, as if I'm maxing out my cognitive load daily from academic related commitment. Technically speaking the maximum number of official school hours I have per week's 13 hours, a far cry from the previous years. Yet I'm feeling more exhausted than ever. Perhaps cos there's so much more background preparation for FYP, and this darn online symmetry course that I'm doing as well, for academic credits no less. The good news is, I've been having better control over my emotions but I'm pretty sure it's still a far cry from before. So I'm trying, still trying! :) This stress shall not get to me!
So it's Week 4 now and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting my rusty engines started and behaving like a real student again. Thank god for angels in my life who make this struggle more bearable with frequent workouts and meet ups. The girls have decided we want to be fit friends and we've been playing badminton and swimming, once each, since my school term started. Tiring as they may be, it's a welcomed addition to my schedule laced with nothing but academic journals and books.
Badminton goofs ♥
Mermaid clan, HAHA
Ok, lies. We were so bad at swimming the lifeguard kept a constant look out for us and spoke to us on several occasions about how to swim (against the edge, across the breadth instead of length etc) safely. Once, I kicked Sinyee's hand as she swam closely behind and we burst out laughing. The lifeguard, with the greatest enthusiasm, hurried over to ask us what happened. Read: PLEASE DON'T DROWN ON MY SHIFT. HAHAHAHA. Either that, or he's just bored to tears seeing mostly elderly men and women on his morning shift.
Also, lunch and dinner dates have been popping up sporadically these couple of weeks.
Apart from the girls and mel/syl from the previous post, I've met DSMZ, ICHM, the baby prog team, the Rotterdamers and even elusive Lyn! Just yesterday I celebrated Jon and Wenny's birthday with the Rotterdam gang and followed it up with supper with Wenqin and Zongting. It's tiring, but a fulfilling kind of tired. Can only be thankful we still can find time for each other amidst our crazy schedules.
Next up, SPOOK DATE!
Local friends I made overseas!
And of course life's been that much better because I still have Spencer around. In 9 days he'll be scooting off to Exeter again and I'm not so sure I'll be able to pull through the remaining of the semester so well. Sure, he's going to be coming back in December which is a huge bonus, but the months coming up will be extremely tough at school, so I'm sure my breaking point's going to be that much lower. Already I've been feeling like meeting once a week's a strain. What goes on in my mind more often than not is: "now that you're in Singapore and leaving soon, shouldn't we be meeting more than ever? Why are we not?" But soon enough the rationale Sharman knocks out the emotional Sharman with the fused brain and moves on with life, looking forward to the next time we do meet anyway.
The day he made me swim in the 180m pool, WHY...
At Singapore Art Museum checking out some really funky art pieces, some of which he refused to set eyes on *sniggers*
Just fooling around in the living room HAHA
School's tough, but I'll try to update this space as frequently as possible. Toodles!
squeaked.
11:18 PM
0 comments












