Of love and happier days
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Saturday
20 September 2014
8.50pm
Time has come for the boyfriend to leave again to embark on his year 2 life in Exeter. There wasn't any distinctive sadness this time throughout the days leading to his departure yesterday since we've done this many times now, just a general feeling of calmness and bliss whenever I meet him; counting my blessings while I could still cuddle right up next to him.
Even yesterday was spent in the least exciting way possible, simple and cosy. After reaching at about 1.30pm, I was even able to completed an assignment while he packed his luggage. The Sharman a year ago would have never been able to do that. Every extra second we could spend together was increasingly precious and I would want to do everything together. If he was packing his bag I helped him. If he was reading a leaflet I would want to know what he was reading. If he left the room, 5 seconds seemed like 5 minutes! I'd say I would have duct-taped myself to him if I could, HAHA. Confessions of a psycho girlfriend.
It's different now not because I love him any less. I guess people just get accustomed to situations that are repetitive and we learn to cope with the same thing a little better each time. I'm glad to have grown so I can deal with this with less pain.
We had an early dinner, simple and cosy, his mum as usual telling me to eat slowly knowing I'm a slowwwwwwww eater. Doesn't help that everyone in their family eats fast. Maybe the trick to growing taller is eating fast? HEH. Later, I even fell asleep a couple of times as he conducted final checks on his phone and luggage, spoke to family members over the phone, shuffled between the shower and room to get ready etc. I'd have been depressed to not be able to spend more time with him in the past much less fall asleep! Now I think I'll just miss lying around in the tranquillity of his room.
The next 2 hours passed quickly as we made our way to the airport, met with Spencer's other family members and his sweet bffs who came to send him off, chatted a little and took pictures. Spencer's parents sent us home after that and I had a great chat with Jon, Jia Chen and his parents on the car. I surprise myself sometimes at how adaptive I can be and I'll remind myself of how there's never a hardship too difficult to surpass. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
Till Christmas, xx
squeaked.
8:55 PM
0 comments




