For all the other things, I felt I could put on hold. Either cos there'll be too much to write, or I'd just be too lazy and save the draft again anyway. BUT THIS, will be short and sweet. I don't want to forget how I feel right now, and I just need to document this revival of the floorball passion. It's not just any other floorball, it's the RVFBT.
It's just different running around in the RV court with the teammates we're all so familiar with. I remember how someone shouted out to Beishan: "BEISHAN, TWO HANDSSS!!!" and then burst out laughing cos it's the same cry from since we started 3 years ago. Not the most flattering way to reminisce, but sweet nonetheless.
Even though the team today has grown rusty and old, and just don't run as quickly or as fiercely as we did back then, the spirit remains. You know how people always say we're extremely noisy when we get in the game? HAHA, that, has not changed. I wonder if it's uniquely us. Because I've never seen another team this crazy, and sometimes I really feel like we're behaving socially unacceptably. Oddly, it's never shame that I feel, in fact, I love that we're like that and I don't care if people throw us disgusted glances. THIS IS US, and I'm proud of it. (never knew I could be this shameless HAHA)
There's no other equipment I could ever imagine myself feeling attachment to, but the floorball stick, MY BABY. When I thought I could possibly lose it I didn't feel angry, but rather, dejected. It followed me through the toughest training during our second year, when we really grew the notion of fighting hard, and braved our glorious A div with me. I couldn't bear the thought of losing it, and I'm glad I didn't. It's precious, just as all the memories with the team are. Back in school today, I felt it all come back.
The times we had the craziest PT sessions. The times we didn't have a 'home' and played at the rough and hot tennis court. The times we ran around the track but still ranted on about the day. The times we did our warm ups and cracked the lamest jokes possible. The times we dragged our feet to keep the boards. The times we cooled down outside the hall with snacks and drinks, thinking of the most extreme ways we could build more strength. The times we strip and make stupid comments in the washroom. The times we share toiletries in the shower. And everything from the camp.
I don't know how other people define a team. The dictionary says it's "a number of people forming one of the sides in a game". That, however, sounds, lame to me. It doesn't capture the essence of being a team. But if I have to tell others what a team to me really is, I can't put the entire idea into words myself either. More than being a group of players playing for a school/organisation, being in a team means having a common goal (sometimes enemy), fighting and committing all together, looking out for one another (whether encouraging or pointing out mistakes), being frank, yourself and even feeling like family. When I play floorball I don't care if I look damn cui at the end of it, we're all shagged anyway right?! And I just splay myself out on the floor, walk without shoes, sometimes even roll around as I do strength exercises. After all, we're dirty already anyway right? When I'm with these girls I can talk about many things (granted not everything) I can't tell others. And I feel comfortable telling those things to all of them. After all it's just an open circle, as we cool down and speak, someone else joins and listens and talks about their own things too. It just comes naturally, and I always enjoy that closeness. So when Mrs Chan says she sees us as a real team, I wonder if she saw that in us.
Even after not meeting most of these girls for so long, we still crack silly jokes about each other and the old times we shared. Like long times friends, like very close friends. There is hardly embarrassment in the team. Everyone's just ourselves, whether or not it's laughable. In fact, we love it when we can laugh at each other and even our own self with the team. Wait, even those who aren't present at the moment! UNBELIEVABLE. I guess that's where we're different, where we build this bond.
And seeing the juniors grow, it's amazing. Like Eileen said, it doesn't even feel bad seeing juniors score against us. In fact, all of us are proud of them. Forget that we're old and rusty and some are playing positions foreign to us, fact remains that they really have improved! I'm looking forward to their performance this nationals, and with every nerve in my heart hope they will be able to fight for a official status for RVFBT in school.
This amazing passion, outstanding camaraderie, I never want to forget. Thank you for everything my girls, then and now ♥
squeaked.
11:59 PM
0 comments



