I know I know, I've been cyberly inactive for far too long. I've not been coming to the computer ever since I've been done with uni applications, cos there really isn't a need to, nor anything attractive out here. Situation made worse with the longest eye infection I've ever had, with a somewhat blurred eyesight up till now, a brother sitting around the study room all day surfing around Sudden Attack, Counterstrike, L4D, and Facebook -.- Yesyes, what happened to the word study right. &mum's been needing my laptop to do her powerpoints, so I rly can't use it much. I'm losing touch with cyber world! I didn't even use it much on the day I took leave from work to clear the massive mess I've made out of the study room and get some rest. Horrible, how am I supposed to regain the momentum??
So Spencer's just had his block leave which is ending soon, which will then see him going to SCS :D Really happy for him, going somewhere he's been wanting to. We've been out a few days of the week doing the most spontaneous things ever, like fish spa and prawning HAHA. And watching a movie, something I haven't done in the longgggggest time. We've also been at our silliest this week, but it's probably worth a good laugh anw, cos he's gna get busy in SCS :X So, mixed feelings about it, but I'm sure he's a tough man and will do himself and everyone else who cares proud ;)
Boyfriend aside I'm also happy for one of the closest girlfriends I have, for finally getting her hands on a man! HAHAHA, nooooo la, that sounds totally crude :B but he's likely a good nice man so enjoy your happiness ahead baby! I wna see him soon k, will drop a surprise visit anytime soon, and I hope I won't miss you like I always do this time!
Well in the blink of an eye we're into mid-April already. I met Vincent last week on the bus home and chatted a little about school and all, and it dawned upon me that my friends in RV are really slowly (NOT REALLY RIGHT?!) creeping towards their As! I can't help but be reminded of the horrible times. Sometimes I see Sinyee struggling like mad, be it with catching up on new lessons or clearing her backlog, I really have no idea how else to help her other than solve some of her questions at times or keep telling her that she can. Cos I know so well myself that "you can do it", "keep trying", "ask in doubt" and all of those things don't always work. At some point in time you'ld feel only too worn out from trying and trying and trying amidst all the other commitments to believe you can go any further. I've been through that shit once too well to know that such comments/encouragements mostly make you go "URGH" or "Not again!", + *rolls eyeballs*; but I'll keep trying nonetheless. No matter, I hope that they'll all be stronger than I was back then and push on hard. It's gonna be an uphill mountain, but we all know it's all gna be worth it ;)
Due to my horrible lack of updates I'm also sure that some have no idea I took up part-time teaching too at Montessori International thanks to YunRou's lobang (: I've really got to say the short sessions at the end of each week really bring a whole new meaning to life. It's really something I've been yearning to do, so bad! Maybe an inner calling answered? Cos there really are lots of things that I want to do yet have not done owning to lack of opportunities or dampening discouragement.
I started off shaky on my first week of teaching cos it came all too fast! Now that I've a better grasp of my job scope and the kids' new syllabus, I'm glad I've become steadier and built up greater rapport with my students (: In today's lesson the little monsters have clearly opened up to me, but inevitably become more monstrous LOL. Throughout the lesson they wouldn't give me peace going "Teacher teacher teacher!" one after (or even OVER) another.
Sometime mid-lesson Xiangmin asked "Teacher Sharman, you study finish alrd huh?"
Trying hard to comprehend her question I said yup.
Xiangmin: "huh then uni leh, not yet what right?!"
Me: "Orh no la, waiting for school to start lor, some time in August"
At this instant Lyndi popped in and went "huhhhhhh, means you will quit in Aug??!"
Both of them: "Teacher don't laaa, our PSLE in Sep leh, 教完我们啦..."
Somehow their comment struck a chord in me real hard.
Kids will always be this simple-minded and cute no matter how monstrous they can get, and the sheer reliance they develop on you only after a few lessons is something so valuable. I like this feeling. I like to know that I'm doing something useful, helping somebody, and gives them a sense of security, which also explains why I have strong interest in SPF or the field of Psychology. Unfortunately it's been something mum has failed to understand. Time and time again she's dissuaded me from committing too much time to such things and it annoys me, ALOT. She's a great mother, but sometimes she doesn't listen to me with her heart, nor listens to my heart. On angsty tired days when she asks me things she's asked for the zillionth time, I'll really feel defeated, cos it's worse than her dissuading me from doing things I like. It's pure disregard for my thoughts; if you're not gonna have it registered, You ask for what!!?
So I want to tell the whole world now, "Don't ever ask me something if you never listen, or are not interested". It really irks me.
&These days I've also been dying to try many new things in life, be it travelling or just chilling with friends at all sorts of new places or trying activities we've all never done. I need a more exciting life than this! But I guess it'll all have to wait since everyone's busy working/studying....
I know this is an extremely long post, but it consists of all my collective thoughts over this period of inactivity. I hope you've been interested, if not I'm sorry to have bored you ;)
squeaked.
1:56 PM
0 comments



