Carpe diem,
Bye 2010, HELLO 2011 !
Saturday, January 01, 2011

As we bid 2010 goodbye I'm filled with mixed emotions.
In the past year there has been nothing that took up more space in my brain or time than studying has, cos it's the year we face the big As. Now that it's all over, I'm undoubtedly happy I never have to suffer the same way again. Yet I feel lost at the sudden disembarkment of workload off my shoulders for the first time in years. I suddenly have so much time to spare, yet every day just seems to fleet by fast as light. Days don't seem so productive anymore.

Towards the end of 2010 I've also missed spending the most important days with the most important of friends. I missed the chance to spend Christmas in Singapore with close buddies cos I was away in China. I could have otherwise joined 4H at Miss Chia's, and could possibly meet up with the best girls, but Seow was away at Chiang Mai too. I didn't even get to decide if I wanted to spend Christmas or New Year with Spencer, cos I was either away at China or him away in Vietnam. Close to 3 weeks apart (besides the one day we had before he flew off to Viet) was really a torture, but I guess it was a challenge we survived, and one which made me stronger, brought us closer. I'm glad I'm not a needy mouse (or at least I won't rant it all over) else Wen Yi's totally gna condemn me :B

Well after the As I've been trying for jobs but it's suddenly so hard to find jobs that I'm really interested in. I'm beginning to understand why many people end up doing jobs they really never wanted to take up. Besides the time wasted stoning at home surfing the net, watching videos and half-heartedly packing up, I've been going out with darlings Toh and Seow ! We've been to the beach twice this December, and it's just crazy :D It's nothing like last year's mad Dec shopping, but I like the chillness of it ! More to come girlies!

I spent New Year's Eve shopping and counting down at Orchard with Hui Shan (Bay) and Yee Jin. Memorable way to end 2010, considering I've never really been out on a countdown. The day really went by very quickly, until we hit the last few minutes, which seemed to crawl on f.o.r.e.v.e.r, and I suddenly couldn't wait to bid 2010 goodbye! Basically, the year has just been an insane challenge, and I've fortunately emerged victorious. As we toasted and made our wishes for the year to come, I'm truly relieved we survived this traumatising year. Really.

As we welcome 2011, the first thing I have to say in mind, is to wish my fellow old nugget friends all the best for the tough year ahead, and that I'll always be there to lend a shoulder, listening ear or some help racking brains together. I might not have been the best friend in the past year, neglecting you (yes yes I know I must have been such a monster) but this year I promise to help you guys in every way I can. And yes Ms Toh Sin Yee, this is not the time for you to say you CMI, damn cui, or life sucks. Cos I've been through this and I know it sucks more keep dragging till the last stretch then realise you REALLY CMI, D:

As for all other friends who've made it past the horrible As, it must really have been a tough journey for you too, and I know you won't disagree. It's finally time for us to move on, have fun, and experience new things in life. No matter what you are doing out there now, travelling, working, teaching etcetc, it all beats mugging your brains out, and always enjoy whatever you're doing.

Just had an extended family gathering at Lynette/Kevin's place today. I've missed this warm get togethers so much. Just lots of noise, laughter, cheers and even the mockings! More to come please more to come! And I've really got to thank the IT whiz Kevin for trying so hard to get the lost China photos back for me, else I really will emo all my life. Thank you so much dear cousin (: Ice cream for a whole year whenever you'ld like PROMISE.
I thank all friends and family who have encouraged and supported me in the darkest period of my life. The company of all you people have pulled me through horrendous year 2010, and I'ld like you to know I'ld hope to continue to share my happy moments and burdens with y'all, just as I'm willing to share yours too (:
All the best for the year ahead all!

XOXO, the mouse!
I figured it's nice to see all 1s in the date and time so I edited the time of entry abit :D
CHEERS and GOODLUCK LOVELIES, whoever's still reading my dead space!

squeaked.
11:11 PM
0 comments

Sharman LAI
26 October 1992

Juying Primary School
River Valley High School
NTU Psychology

I run, I sing, I write.

-


Love, and you will be loved.
Sharman
Squeak along

Exits
Jhosy; Kevin; Li Ting; Lynette; MinEe; RVNPS307; SinYee; WenYi; YunRou;
Archives

blogger counter
visits since 08.01.10