Carpe diem,
P&C and Probability, KILLING ME D:
Saturday, April 03, 2010

I thought P&C was manageable.
I thought Probability was doable.
I was so happy cos I used to suck at P&C back in the Sec school syllabus.
Somewhere along the way, I don't know when, they came together and now I've got everything mixed up :O
D:D:D:

This PPC (Probability, Permutations and Combinations) imposter is making my head swell!
I don't remember Econ's Production Possibility Curve being so mind blowing ):

Side tracking, something else I found on the net while surfing earlier this morning:
A mosquito is more likely to bite a blonde than a brunette.

Mosquitos see heat given off in the form of C02, so the more C02 you emit, the more delicious you look. This means they prefer large people (not kids), pregnant women, people wearing cologne/perfume, and sweaty people / people breathing hard. So chill out. And make sure there's no stagnant water/pools/ponds near your house - that's where they breed."


- OMG Facts - Your Mind. Blown.
Mindblowing indeed, what a day :X

Maybe that's why you were getting most of the mosquito bites last night Kevin Lai ;D So keep the silly comment bout your blood being sweeter to yourself :P
The same reason why mosquitoes always choose Spencer over me, my mum over me, blablablablabla :D
But then again, I think there's much more to it than this generalised fact. I think blood types count as well right? So my mum used to tell me, because I was always target of mosquitoes a few years back. ):
I was about to say "So I guess that debunks this..." (I really typed it out), when I decided I shouldn't be lazy and so I googled it out. :D Tell me I'm a good, conscientious and hardworking girl, HAHA.

Here you go! If you've time and would like to know more, click HERE. (:
Else I took out a teeny weeny bit of the article which is the crux imo:
Some scientists suggest that certain characteristics attract mosquitoes, thereby leading us to have more bites than others. Some of the top candidates: the amount of carbon dioxide in the breath, pregnancy, body temperature, alcohol and odorant markers based on blood type.

Blood-type markers are chemicals released by people of a specific blood type... One study found persons with Type O blood suffered more mosquito landings because of the odorant markers they emit than any other blood type...

Not only were Type O’s more likely to be landed on, but the study found that for any blood type, people who secreted a chemical marker about their blood type through their skin (both blood type and secretor status are determined by genes) were bitten much more than non-secretors; 24 percent in the case of the Type O’s.

Pregnancy seems to be a big winner for mosquito attraction, probably because mothers-to-be exhale 21 percent more carbon dioxide (quite a turn-on to the six-legged species) and are on average 1.26 degrees Fahrenheit warmer around the belly than their non-pregnant counterparts...

One researcher suggested smell is unimportant, and what really matters to the mosquito currently chomping on your toe is not the smells you’re giving off, rather it’s finishing her meal without being swatted away.

Ah, HAH!
So next time your friends get bitten don't say it's cos they're smellier so mosquitoes love them more yea! Argument does not stand :D
&ofcos if you happen to be the victim instead, don't try to act cute and claim your blood's sweeter, cos it doesn't work that way too, ROFL.

So I finished the article and went on to read some comments and chanced upon this bitter man over here, (I don't know if he's some big shot somewhere else or what but if he posts this response to an online public article then I guess he should be open to judgement from bored/critical/skeptical people like me :B)

HAHA. Check him out. Bringing in God, morals and all, -.-
It's just mosquitoes la get over it doooode.
Besides, like I had it bold in the extract above, secretion of your blood's chemical marker attracts mosquitoes too! And only 24% of such people are type Os! You, unfortunately, just happen to be one of the many in the other 76% laaaa! -.- Read critically yea. RAWR.

Okay, I'm done ranting and expanding my knowledge bank.
Realise I blog about all these things beyond my personal life now, wonder good or bad, :X

-

&Tomorrow's my mum's birthday. We're planning something, but I hope the plan doesn't fall through cos my silly mother just voiced her interest in catching a movie together tomorrow -.-
RAWR! Worst case scenario ever!

-crosses fingers-

now, back to mind blowing Mathematics )):

squeaked.
2:53 PM
0 comments

Sharman LAI
26 October 1992

Juying Primary School
River Valley High School
NTU Psychology

I run, I sing, I write.

-


Love, and you will be loved.
Sharman
Squeak along

Exits
Jhosy; Kevin; Li Ting; Lynette; MinEe; RVNPS307; SinYee; WenYi; YunRou;
Archives

blogger counter
visits since 08.01.10