Carpe diem,
Monday, August 24, 2009

GAH! Has been long since I last wrote smth.

Well SBR results are out. Yours truly clocked a timing of 1h:2m:31s :D
Proud of this mouse over here anot! HAHA




Ran under Sim's name cos she wanted to run in her crazy 21km! :X
And I must say that this application's a wonder eh! Lets you know lots about your own status (: Love it to bits!

---

Yup so, we had a friendly match with CHS C'div boys last Saturday. Lost 8-3.
Gta admit those little boys were fast and were not bad at all in terms of ball control. &I don't know if it's cos we haven't been playing matches for a long time, cos we were totally off-form. Took us close to two periods to get into the game, and by the first period, we'd already thrown the game away just as Stella said :X
要再接再厉啊! (:

Despite the loss it was a great experience la. After all, our school isn't exactly well equipped for floorball. Forget about boards and such. We don't even have proper play areas to begin with. GAH! Really want to move into the new school ASAP.

Oh and after the match, I really understood the true essence of childishness of boys at their Sec1-2 years. LOL. Those boys we played against, much as they might have the potential, they're hopelessly lacking in sportsmanship - vulgarities, laughing at opponents when they fall, can't thank the opposing team at the end sincerely etc. So they don't know that in floorball, aggressiveness is key and so there's a lot of pushing? So they think a fall like that is laughable and warrants their brainless comments such as "very good"? Guess they haven't played enough floorball and really need to learn a thing or two from their seniors and their coach's gotta teach them how to be real men on court and stop throwing their own faces. -.- They have a reputation to uphold I believe.
"The Catholic High student is a gentleman and bilingual scholar of high integrity and robust character, who is passionate about life, learning and service to others".

---

So.. A new week started. This just means we're creeping closer and closer to our promos. The thing is: I've barely did much revision. It's just remedial worksheets, tutorials, assignments, PW.... It's driving me insane. It's no wonder we see more people breaking down these days.
Do they get it or not? : We're humans. Not cyborgs.

They can argue that all year 5 Rvians alike, are experiencing the same workload as we are, or maybe a lil' bit more. But hey, that is barely valid justification! The smarter pupils don't complain as much cos as the end of the day, they've been following well and don't need as much time and effort to figure their doubts out what. (actually, into year5/6 they complain too) And that doesn't mean you can bully the minorities who need that extra week or two. Homework, PW, studying, revision - tell me how we're supposed to juggle this well enough. Perhaps give revision worksheets as homework instead of bombarding us with more new topics? This is too much to handle seriously. Truth be told, we're not supermen and women. Face it.

Bet the school thinks we ought to exercise better stress management, be able to juggle more things and have better control over our lives now that we're in our JC years. Not that I disagree, in fact I think that's what we really need to do. But under present circumstances, it's really hard. We aren't given any chance at all to do that. I think I need the end of year break to sort things out.
Pre-requisite: To be able to survive till then. LOL All the best.

Kay it's back to work.
MATH MATH MATH.

squeaked.
10:17 PM
0 comments

Sharman LAI
26 October 1992

Juying Primary School
River Valley High School
NTU Psychology

I run, I sing, I write.

-


Love, and you will be loved.
Sharman
Squeak along

Exits
Jhosy; Kevin; Li Ting; Lynette; MinEe; RVNPS307; SinYee; WenYi; YunRou;
Archives

blogger counter
visits since 08.01.10